We are seeking qualified independent Project Management consultants within the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Generics and OTC industries for potential opportunities within the US.
The consultant will be the key individual responsible for planning and managing cross-functional activities for a life sciences development project on behalf of PharmaBioStaffing. This position is the customer's main point of contact for overall project related activities and issue’s, and is the point person for managing the execution of the project, according to the customers' requirements. Consultants specializing in all development disciplines (CMC, non-clinical, clinical, regulatory, etc.) are being sought to engage with different contract projects.
The job description below provides some of the responsibilities that may be included in the potential roles available.
- Assist in developing accurate and achievable integrated project plans, given limited information, for the purpose of supporting the proposal/ bid process.
- Responsible for working with clients to develop detailed project plans and managing the execution of the project.
- Assists customer in building cross-functional project teams and lead or chair those teams, as appropriate.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation of team meetings/decisions.
- Ensure that key development milestones are achieved, key deliverables are produced, and that the assigned program proceeds based upon the agreed upon timeline and within agreed upon budgets.
- Use accepted Project Management Methodology tools and templates, as agreed with customer, to manage and report on the development project; maintains up-to-date and accurate project plans and budgets and is the key source of information, relating to plans or budgets.
- Serves as the point person for customer contact on all project-related issues and communications; Initiates issue resolution and escalation process when significant issues arise, especially those that risk deviations in timelines, quality, or resourcing/cost as stipulated in the contract.
- Ensure "total team preparedness" before customer interface sessions.
- Identify risks or changes to the quotes/contracts and discuss those with internal team members and business development to ensure that changes are appropriately documented and agreed upon with the client prior to implementation.
- Assist in maintaining customer relationship and ensuring repeat business.
- Forecast Project Revenue and Approve Invoices for Project activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline (MS/MBA or doctoral degrees preferred).
- Minimum 5-7 years project management experience in the pharma/biologics/device industry or other related experience
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker.
- Familiarity with the drug/biologic or device development process, with significant knowledge in one or more functions (e.g. CMC, non-clinical, clinical, regulatory, etc.).
- Knowledge of MS Project or other relevant enterprise project management software systems used for timeline/budget/resource planning and reporting.
- Knowledge of project management principles (PMP Certification preferred).
- Familiarity with LSS principles; Operational Excellence (Black Belt/Green Belt preferred).
- Exceptional skills in customer service/focus.
- Proficiency in independent thought and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a concise, coherent, and professional manner.
- Ability to negotiate difficult issues in a well thought out and professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form in a short amount of time.
- Travel to customer and project team meetings may be required.
Contracted individual will be primarily home-based and will primarily work from their home office.
On occasion (likely < 20% of the time, however certain clients or projects may require more extensive travel), individual may be required to travel to client locations, which may result in working in or around office machinery or manufacturing floors, where noise level could be low to moderate.